Sales start at 10.30am, unless otherwise stated. See our calendar or ring the office for viewing days (usually the two days prior to each sale) or view our full Calendar
Thursday 31st January
Monday 18th March
Thursday 11th April
Thursday 16th May
Thursday 20th June
Monday 29th July
Weds 25th & Thurs 26th September
Monday 28th October
Thursday 28th November
Click here to view printable calendar (pdf)
We hold frequent valuation days at our Prinknash saleroom, between 10am and 4pm (appointment recommended to avoid waiting). See Calendar for dates.
VALUATIONS FOR AUCTION:
We are always happy to give our opinion and advice regarding items you are thinking of selling in our auctions. There is no charge or obligation for this service, just get in touch as follows:
• Bring the item(s) to our saleroom, either on one of our monthly valuation days (see Calendar) or at another time by appointment
• Telephone us on 01452 344499 to request a home visit if you would like us to appraise items of furniture or large volumes of items
• Email photographs with measurements and other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org
VALUATIONS FOR INSURANCE, INHERITANCE TAX (PROBATE), FAMILY DIVISION:
In the present environment of spiraling insurance charges and fears about the disclosure of personal details, the valuation service we offer is tailor made to fit the needs of private clients. Chorley’s is a preferred valuer of many leading insurance companies and legal advisors, who entrust us to undertake valuations of the contents of properties containing important works of art and antiques, whether for insurance, inheritance tax (probate) or other purposes.
Confidentiality is an essential element of our service. Every client is offered a comprehensive valuation, providing the necessary details in the format required by the insurance company or legal advisor. All valuation details are kept securely and separately from any personal details.
Before undertaking a formal valuation, we will arrange a home visit without obligation or charge to discuss your requirements. All Chorley’s staff involved in valuation work are bound by the code of conduct of the Society of Fine Art Auctioneers and Valuers, which ensures that we offer you:
• Confidentiality, integrity, professionalism and courtesy
• Knowledge of subject and of market conditions
• Fully detailed inventories including digital photography of assets if required
• Professional advice on restoration and protection of valuables
• A complete “one-stop shop”, arranging the removal and sale through auction of valuable
items from deceased estates and the clearance of non-saleable items
• Competitive fees, always agreed upfront
We are always happy to visit clients’ houses to view and value items for possible inclusion in an auction, without any charge or obligation.
For all sale and valuation enquiries, please call us on 01452 344499
or email us at email@example.com